Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Vive le Sydney Morning Herald

(Image: screen capture, SMH)


Update: Thursday, August 1, 2013
...rather read twitter

--------------------------------------------------

Update: Wednesday, July 31, 2013
...oh dear, I'm still bored, and Peter Hartcher, I can't forgive you re JG...and one more thing, you're totally wrong with 'Voters now at ease blah blah blah...' because...oh I've just remembered, I'm not a 'voter' anymore due to self imposed ban to take effect this coming election...

(sigh...not looking good for me and SMH)

--------------------------------------------------

Update: Tuesday, July 30, 2013
...still hate its tabloid format, and will never be able to forgive how it treated Julia Gillard - ho hum what to do - don't want SMH to fall over but in all honesty it's really boring...

--------------------------------------------------

After a month travelling in Europe and getting my news via various online portals, I decided that the time had come to call it quits with the Sydney Morning Herald...basically before they did with me!

Long before I'd departed for Vienna, journos interviewing journos (common on Radio National these days) had been talking up the SMH paper 'dumping me' and that this 'once-upon-a-time-unimaginable-act' would happen sooner than later...

...so rather than wait for that dreaded day I thought I'd get in first; I'd show me I could manage without our daily connection; I'd show me I could manage to inform myself with screens and 'ceiling wax and other fancy stuff, oh Puff...' (whoops, I digress!) and that once I got back to Australia, I'd never buy the SMH again - I'd see, I could do it.

Only I couldn't.

30 years in Australia, 30 years reading the SMH...

...I just can't walk away - so if someone has to do the walking in this relationship, they're going to have to do it!

In the meantime, first thing when I wake up tomorrow...

...I'm going to rush up the street to the corner shop, choose the neatest folded one, buy it...then rush home, hold it and read it...

...only 1 more sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment