Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

To my 'booking sergeant': Greetings from Paris!

(Copy of photo-postcard sent to the booking sergeant today)

Dear Sergeant,

"Greetings from Paris"! (actually I'm back in Scone now but I was in Paris last week)

Following my earlier inquiry to you late last year concerning a copy of the in-car dvd recorded on the night of the 7th March 2009 when you booked me for riding a bicycle without wearing a helmet, I thought I would take this opportunity whilst preparing for my appeal in the District Court scheduled for Friday 5th March 2010, to make a further inquiry to see whether you have had an opportunity to procure the requested copy.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
Sue Abbott (Scone)

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you were able to enjoy yourself in Paris Cycling along with the Wind in your Hair and not a care in the World and not having to look over your Shoulder with the Forces of big Brother and Flashing Lights breathing down your Neck. Helmets are a poor excuse for not having a safe infrastructure in Place for Cyclists. Blaming the Victim instead of the Culprit the Motorist especially those Juggernaut Lorries.

    Huge Car Dependency in Australia and not many Cycling anymore only those mostly Sportive Cyclists and few Utilitarian Everyday Cyclists who Cycle along in their own Clothes. The Aussies are Developing the Americans Disease of Obesity and type two Diabetes from Driving around instead of Walking and Cycling. The best of Luck to you from Dublin,we are all Rooting for you in your Quest to Ride without the Pesky Helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for your lovely words of encouragement - it warms the cockles of my heart to think of you all in dublin 'rooting for me in my quest'!!! - the perfect motivation to galvanise my submission preparation - a million thanks!!

    ReplyDelete