Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Australia's bike helmet law sucks

(Photos: on her bike in Whistler)


Sometimes I find it easy to succumb to bicycle down-heartedness ... even when I'm outside Australia ... I mean why can't we use our bikes like the above user?

Yes, ok, I know there's bicycle helmet law in BC (Whistler) but it seems to mean sweet FA because you see bikes & peeps galore going about their Whistler business, untrammelled by mandatory clothing requirements ... and to date as far as I have seen without police interference.

Meanwhile back in courts in Australia folk are convicted as criminals for going to get bread and milk (or whatever) on bikes just because they didn't apply questionable plastic-coated foam hats to their heads ...

... as per normal, massive sigh from me :(

No comments:

Post a Comment