Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Je suis une bébé de Noël!

...and I was totally unprepared for my 'baby-announcement' card enclosed in the birthday card from my godmother yesterday...



Suddnely fifty three years just melted away, and here I was reading my long since dead father's handwriting so proudly announcing the birth of their first child to their dearest darling friend...



...and with one fell swoop this unexpected glimpse of my very young parents and their irrepressible joy was tinged with raw emotion that my father ended up having so little time on this planet, and that my mother remains in mourning in her own muddled world, and that my godmother steadfastly shares the memories when the memories need sharing, and that this funny little card with it's 'second' arrival was able to transport the adult-me to the youthful world of my elders as they marvelled over baby-me...

...and coupled with that same fell swoop was the revelation that I'd been spelling my name wrong over all these years - it would appear my 'elisabeth' is sans 'z' - who knew?...not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment